Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kick Push

So we Kick, Push Kick, Push Kick, Push Kick, Push Coast
And the way he roll just a rebel to the world with no place to go


I have been lazy this last month. My old gym membership expired, my thinking that I would soon have a job and move to Jarun resulted in me hesitating joining a new gym till I moved. I lost some of the definition it took me all summer to build, and now I will have to work my ass off to get it back.
So today I decided was the best day to start, a nice Saturday quite chilly wind was lightly blowing and the sky was a white/blue-ish haze of autumn. It must have been about 8-10 degrees Celsius (46-50 Fahrenheit). I just started out thinking let me run 2 miles (3.2km) and I will be happy, and then somehow it felt like I had not missed a run in months, and full of energy I easily did 5km (3.1 miles) at a brisk pace.
I even managed to find my future gym after my run and the guy running it seemed friendly, he even appreciated the fact that I am 'amerikanac' as I am told so often here. The gym has a sauna which sounds intriguing, but I know already that it will be one of those things that I will always say 'to do' and will never get around to it.

Happy to have pushed myself today, and look forward to running at least once a day for the next few weeks, ideally I would like two a days with Gym after the first run.

2 comments:

eddieguedez@hotmail.com said...

I love it lavy, i find it rough to run in the cold weather, maybe because i am not use to it. Wish i could go for a run with you, this time i might be able to keep up :).

Try to find a park where you can do pull ups, and sit ups. Also, knock out some push ups while at it.

Keep up the running, i myself began to run again. I'm doing about 4.4 miles (the circumference of my neighborhood).

miss you lafy,
Eduardo

Anonymous said...

hahaha the best indication of your efforts to adapt and can be seen in the numbers of temperatures and distances.... run like the wind