Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The cold wind welcoming me

I am a warm person, that is to say, I like it warm. I love being hot. I have dreaded the cold for a long time, and I was quite scared I would never be able to adapt to it. To my total surprise yesterday I had a moment. I LOVED the feeling of a cold wind on my face, and the relentless pound of lil wayne on my eardrums, made me aware, that for the first time in my life I was enjoying the cold. The wind chilling my cheeks and stiffening them, my hands white and slowly turning pink, and yet there I was dancing my way down the street (in a manner that would have jenny pretending she did not know me had she seen me) and not caring bout anything in the world. Save for that cold wind and finally accepting it, and loving it.

It has not been an easy transition to leave paradise and all of its wonders-that I tried to never take for granted but like everyone else there I did-and start anew in a foreign place that was home but did not feel like home. Though if I have learned anything in these last 3 years of life it is that any place can be home as long as you let it be. There is no shortage of people in this world who will do all they can to help you and make you feel as comfortable as possible anywhere you happen to be. The key though is embracing that feeling and making your own home wherever you are.

No comments: